Aquanow, a leading infrastructure and liquidity provider that enables institutional and enterprise use-cases for digital assets, is looking for a TechOps Engineer to join our technology team. The TechOps Engineer is responsible for administering and monitoring our production environments. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside a highly experienced team and contribute to the development of a high-growth trading and technology company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and monitor production environments ensuring high availability, reliability and security.
- Monitor for and manage incidents with the goal to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and to minimize the impact on business operations.
- Collaborate with product development team to build effective monitoring, logs, alerts, and metrics for production services along with enabling preventative mechanisms to avoid potential incidents.
- Troubleshoot escalations relating to system performance, cloud infrastructure, software/API, data/databases.
- Investigate and report on specific software and data issues in detail to developers/vendors, tracking to completion/deployment.
- Work with engineering and product teams, as well as other vendors, to test and deploy software updates, license updates and fixes to production.
- Assist with documentation on knowledge base articles, operation manuals and incident and problem notes.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- At least three years of experience with the administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of cloud and on prem services.
- Experience in supporting cloud applications including API connections.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS.
- A deep knowledge and understanding of performance analysis, latency measurements for various applications, CPU usage, and memory usage analysis.
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases (e.g. querying, and performance analysis).
- Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar.
- Experience with CI/CD and deployment pipeline setup and automation (Github actions).
- Have excellent problem solving, time management skills, ability to work independently or as part of a team.